Or…”On Becoming Bridezilla”
(Side note – if my blog header looks wonky, UPDATE YOUR BROWSER and stop living in the stone age. I made sure the coding worked with all of the most recent browser updates.)
Men’s Wearhouse is LITERALLY the seventh circle of hell. (Violence) I wanted to punch someone in the arm the whole time we were there.
We got to the mall and I was already in a poor mood just because I’m a woman and can pick and choose my moods willy nilly. But anyway, my attitude was lousy and I really didn’t want to pick out the tuxes because I accidentally left my decision making machine back at the house.
JUST SHOW UP NOT NAKED AND WE’LL BE GOOD TO GO, THANKS.
I wanted the boys to wear black tuxedos and white shirts with ivory ties and vests. The accent color would come with the boutonniere. Something like this –
Nice, right? Simple and classy looking IN MY HUMBLE OPINION. But according to everyone else I was shopping with, a white shirt with an ivory vest and tie is a HUGE NO-NO. Oh yea? Well then how come I was so hard pressed to find a black tux, with ivory shirt, vest AND tie on Google? I think a crisp white shirt (with pleats) and ivory vest and tie looks just fine.
Alas, it’s not that simple, and despite my general apathetic “theme” so far with the wedding planning…turns out I DO have an opinion. But I can’t decide if I want certain things just so that I can say I actually want something, or if I actually do want something because I want it. Does that make sense?
Anyway, we were picking out ivory vests and black tuxedos and matching ties and the whole nine yards. Obviously the tux I had landed on was Calvin Klein and approximately 400K. Merrr…too expensive for Mike’s groomsmen I GUESS. So we chose the next best thing – essentially the same Tux, just in a cheaper/heavier fabric and slightly less polished looking. WHATEVER.
Now – with this ONE simple change, all of a sudden every decision I’d just gone MILES by making came crashing down around me.
Men’s Wearhouse Sucks Because:
1. The nice Tux is WAY TOO EXPENSIVE.
2. The people who work there will talk you in to things you don’t agree with.
3. If you don’t get the nice CK suit, you automatically can’t get the non-pleated pants, either. Because apparently people who rent cheap jackets shouldn’t be allowed to chose their pants style.
4. If you want to get an ivory shirt, you cannot get a pleated ivory shirt, (you know, the fancier looking kind with the folds on the front. Yea, those are called pleats). They only make the pleated shirts in WHITE. (which would be fine if we were getting the tuxes I wanted…cough cough.)
5. None of this makes sense to me. Why isn’t Mens Wearhouse essentially a Tuxedo Buffet? PICK AND CHOSE, MIX AND MATCH, IT’S MY WEDDING SO THE MEN SHOULD BE DRESSED EXACTLY THE WAY I WANT…RIGHT?
Whatever. We settled on a cheap tux with NON PLEATED ivory shirt and PLEATED pants because
MEN’S WEARHOUSE SUCKS.
BRB, Going to Bed Bath & Beyond to buy PAJAMA TUXEDOS. They make those, right?